THE ADVANTAGES OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS
Composite material has many advantages
- Lightweight, with a density between 1.35 and 2.35.
- Fire resistance, svt standards: UL94 / EN45545
- Chemical resistance
- Dielectric insulation, up to 20Kv/mm
- Good mechanical support, with a modulus of elasticity up to 24Gpa
- Heat resistance, up to 1000°C (and for some 100% non-combustibility).
- Low thermal conductivity
Composition of the composite material
The composite material is made of at least two distinct components. A fiberglass reinforcement structure and a resin matrix (binder).
- The properties of the material become superior to those of each component.
- It has intrinsic physical, dielectric, mechanical and chemical characteristics.
Phenolic laminates 120°C
Glass Laminates – Polyester / Epoxy / Silicone / Melamine 130 à 300°C
Mica Laminates Silicone Resin 500à 700°C
Refractory cements 500 à 700°C
Silicates 500 à 1000°C
A WINNING ALTERNATIVE
The composite material is becoming a real alternative to other materials such as ALU 2017A or stainless steel.
In comparison with the other two, here are the main performances:
A CUSTOMIZED SERVICE
Cutting and planing
Up to a thickness of 120mm
- Bar and cylinder
Up to 600mm diameter
We deliver the materials cut to your dimensions whatever the format.
- Bar diameter 3 to 80mm
- Precision at 100 mm
- Surface condition
Our factory in Thyez, specialized in the grinding of plastic and composite bars, is located in Haute-Savoie (74), in the heart of the Arve valley (capital of turning in France.)