THE ADVANTAGES OF PLASTIC MATERIALS
The main properties of plastic materials:
- Good sliding properties
- High mechanical resistance
- Resistance to deterioration and abrasion
- Resistance to high or low temperature
- Resistance to corrosion
- Chemical resistance
- Absorption of vibration and noise
- Compatibility with foodstuffs FDA ;(1935/2004/CE, 2002/72/CE)
The range is wide and the properties vary according to the level of technicality. Plastics have many advantages over ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Technical DATA SHEETS
PE 500 , PE-HMW– High molecular weight polyethylene
PE-UHMW – Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (TIVAR®, BOROTRON®)
TECHNICAL 80 à 160°C
PA , Nylon – Polyamide (ERTALON®, NYLATRON®)
POM C , POM H – Polyacetal (DELRIN®, ERTACETAL®, ACETRON®)
ADVANCED 160 à 220°C
PTFE – Polytetrafluoroethylene(FLUOROSINT®)
EXTREME TECHNICAL >220°C
PAI – Polyamide-imide (DURATRON®)
PI – Polyimide (MELDIN®, VESPEL®)
Thermoplastics for boiler making
PMMA acrylic – Polymethylene methacrylate (PLEXIGLAS®, ALTUGLAS®)
PC – Optical polycarbonate (MAKROLON®, LEXAN®)
CHOOSE THE RIGHT PLASTIC
We offer a wide range of plastic materials imported directly from our manufacturers.
The available formats are :
- Rod / Round Bar
Steps to choose the right material
1- Determine the function of the part
- Support and wear application or structural application (static or dynamic)
2- Consider the thermal requirements of your application
- Under normal and extreme operating conditions
3- Consider chemical exposure
- During use and cleaning
4-Consider the aesthetics of the part
- Part appearance
5-Select the right size to produce the part
- Plate, Round Bar or Tube.
- Size and thickness.
6- Make sure you get the right material
- Ask for the material certificate of conformity at the time of the order. Our team will assist you in this process.
A CUSTOM-MADE SERVICE
Cutting and planing
Up to a thickness of 120mm
- Bar and tube
Up to a dimeter of 400mm
We deliver the cut materials to your dimensions whatever the format.
- Bar diameter 3 to 80mm
- Accuracy to the 100th of a mm
- Surface finish
Our factory in Thyez, specialized in the grinding of plastic and composite bars, is located in Haute-Savoie (74), in the heart of the Arve valley. (capital of turning in France.)
OUR BUSINESS COMMITMENT
- You find a quality in hospitality and advice.
- You benefit from attractive pricing conditions. We work directly with manufacturers.
- You get a quote within 2 hours.
- You rely on a large stock of materials. We receive 5 tons of goods per day.
- You are delivered in 48 hours. We make more than 100 deliveries daily throughout France.